Summer is a welcome time to get more done around the house and a welcomed vacation from school for kids. For us parents out there, don't let summer mean endless comments of I'm bored. from the kids at home.
Conceptualizing activities now will keep the whole family active, avoiding TV burnout, and making memories to last. Here are starter ideas to keep the family active during the summer.
- hike the local canyon
- run the local trails
- bike nearby scenic routes
- take a road trip for some mental stimulation
- hit the parks for some family baseball, mini-golf, etc.
- stroll the boardwalk and get in some time at the beach
- water sports! boating, jet skiing, wake boarding, etc.
- plan a fun mud or endurance run together
Spending summer with family and friends could be very fun. The specifics of what you do to stay active don't matter so much as that you do just that and stay active. A healthy family is a happy family.