One of the easiest ways to help ensure heart health is through the use of certain vitamins and supplements. Diet doesn't always provide for the ones that are needed in the amount that is useful for our bodies. In fact in today's world, where it is hard to sit down for a well-rounded meal every day, and our food intake may involve fast food more often than not, it is harder than ever to make sure our bodies are getting the nutrients it needs.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids, such as Fish Oil and Flaxseed Oil, help to increase good cholesterol (HDL) and to decrease some of the fats in our blood stream, which are known as triglycerides. This helps to reduce the risk of stroke and heart disease.
- Niacin is another supplement that helps to increase good cholesterol (HDL), but at the same time decreases the amount of bad cholesterol (LDL) in our blood stream. Some fatty acid from fat cells can be blocked by Niacin, which lessens the amount of LDL in our system and keeps the HDL at a higher level.
- Magnesium can be used to promote normal blood pressure and can help to prevent and manage hypertension and heart disease.
- Potassium helps in the same areas as Magnesium, but may also have an added benefit of lowering bad cholesterol levels.
- CoenzymeQ10, CoQ10, has also been shown to have benefits for the heart, helping to reduce hypertension and blood pressure.
As we age, even before we hit the all-important 40s, it is necessary to start thinking about our heart, how healthy it is, and how to keep it as healthy as possible. A sedentary lifestyle, poor diet, and lack of exercise contribute to poor health for most people. This problem is compounded by a majority of people having jobs that take up a bulk of their time. With so much time devoted to areas other than health thinking about the health of your heart isn't usually done until it is too late. With the help of these vitamins and supplements that worry can be minimized.